Museum of Natural History
This is our online tour of the Thomas Edison Rock Collection. Graphic
files of the rocks are still being taken. The rocks presented are from the
Wayne State University Geology department. Special thanks goes to Henry
Ford Museum in Dearborn, Michigan for the rocks.
We have, for now, a few images available.
- Hematite, Michigan, 4"
- Smithsonite, Kelly Mine, Magdalena, N. Mexico, 3"
- Tigereye, Griqualand South Africa, 2"
- Meteorite, 3"
- Copper, Upper Peninsula, Michigan, 4"
- Malachite, Shara Prov., Zaire
- Aragonite, Mexico, 6"
- Stilbite, Nasik, Maharashtra, India, 4"
- Pyrite, Locality Unknown, 3"
- Sphalerite on Drusy Quartz, England, 7"
- Amethyst, Uruguay, 7"
< < < Back